Neighborhood Focus: Asheville Montford
When you’re looking for a new house in Asheville, you can choose from several interesting neighborhoods, each with a distinct personality. The historic Montford neighborhood contains a surprising variety of housing, from multi-family duplexes to large historic houses to tight-knit blocks of two-story dwellings.
If you’re drawn to the Montford neighborhood, you’ve found one of the best areas in Asheville in our opinion. Ask the independent mortgage brokers at GoPrime Mortgage for help. They’ll work to get you into that house, whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or a seasoned homeowner.
What Type of Houses Can I Find in the Montford Neighborhood?
Asheville was known for its cosmopolitan flair back in the 1800’s. Many affluent citizens chose the Montford neighborhood to build a home. Today, many of those houses sit on the National Register of Historic Places. Some have retained their single-family status, while others were converted into the area’s finest B&Bs.
As one of the biggest historic neighborhoods in the state that’s still intact, the range of housing available in Montford includes:
- Medium-sized single-family homes with three-to-four bedrooms
- Small one- and two-bedroom houses
- Apartment and condo complexes
- Larger houses built in the 1970s through the 1990s
What Will My Neighbors Be Like in Montford?
As you get to know your neighbors, you’ll find many with drastically diverse incomes. All enjoy the historic ambiance and walkable, tree-lined streets. Most notably, the types of neighbors you can expect to find in Montford include:
- Students, as the University of North Carolina is close
- Lower-income singles and families who work in the service industries that make up so much of the Asheville economy
- Executives and professionals who appreciate the proximity to downtown
- Artists, musicians, and creatives who turn some rooms into studios
What Amenities Are Close to the Montford Neighborhood?
Montford sits on the northwest edge of downtown Asheville, so you have easy access to some of the finest chef-owned restaurants in the country, as well as a slew of boutiques and shops. The hotel scene is quite big in downtown Asheville, though none have crossed the borders into the Montford neighborhood. The same goes for the breweries.
You can, however, expect to be treated to a host of special Montford amenities in your own neighborhood, such as:
- An outdoor theatre with regular Shakespeare plays and other favorites in the spring and summer
- Local neighborhood restaurants that also draw visitors because of their flair and exquisite cuisine
- An active neighborhood association with a regular newsletter
- A holiday tour of homes and well-known décor for other popular holidays
In Asheville’s Montford neighborhood, home prices continue to rise higher than in most of the state while maintaining the tight-knit community vibe. When you settle on your available mortgage funds, contact your GoPrime independent broker to discuss the best reasons to move to Montford.