A land of beauth, a culture worth exploring
Call for an appointment
Western North Carolina
Western North Carolina (WNC) may be an ideal choice for you if you love the mountains. If small towns that offer both urban and natural settings suit you, come for a visit. WNC offers you the capability to just take off and within minutes find yourself communing with nature.
The largest city in Western North Carolina is Asheville, a mountain town of about 80,000 inhabitants. Its numbers swell in the spring, summer and autumn, since it is a tourism destination for many reasons, including:
- Asheville sits in a valley surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Blue Ridge Parkway, Great Smoky Mountains National Park and several national and state forests all surround the city. Lake Lure, Mount Mitchell, Chimney Rock Park and Grandfather Mountain are within a pleasant drive.
- Famous landmarks. The Biltmore Estate, the Omni Grove Park Inn, the Basilica of St. Lawrence and the Grove Arcade bring tourists to Asheville. The city has a rich history, classic architecture and a park in the city’s center.
- Moderate microclimate. While the rest of the South may swelter in the summer, Asheville has the protection of the mountains. It still gets hot, but its valley creates a microclimate that limits the extreme temperatures found along the coastline.
- Food and drink renown. The city has become a destination for good food and craft beer. The farm-to-table movement took root here, and several chefs have gained national acclaim. Also known as “Beer City,” Asheville has more breweries per capita than any other city in the U.S.
- Arts and music. The whole region has attracted artists and musicians of most every persuasion. As a result, you can find both spilling out onto the streets. Outdoor art festivals draw crowds all summer, and buskers perform on the sidewalks nearly year-round.
Best loan to fit your situation
If you’re shopping for a house and mortgage today, you have more choices than ever before. Independent mortgage lenders, like Prime Mortgage Lending, Inc. provide a full range of loan products and competitive rates. The most effective independent mortgage lenders work with you to get the best loan to fit your situation. Learn more about your mortgage loan options; schedule a face-to-face consultation with Prime Mortgage Lending, Inc today. There’s no obligation.
Affordable Homebuyer Programs
I am a first time home buyer.
Get good, professional advice for what to do and what not to do when you’re seeking to buy your first home.
Law requires that you be provided with this monstrous document when you apply for a loan. Here is a helpful summary of its contents.
Beyond Asheville, North Carolina
Asheville may be the economic epicenter of Western North Carolina, but it’s not the only place to live in WNC. Hendersonville, to the south, has experienced resurgence as well. Once a sleepy town for retirees, it has blossomed as a destination itself. Its Main Street, the center of town, offers an eclectic mix of restaurants and stores.
Weaverville, Black Mountain, Boone, Sylva, Waynesville, Brevard, Flat Rock and Franklin all have their charms as small mountain towns. All are smaller than Asheville, but have more affordable home prices. Where you end up depends on your preferences and your resources. Anywhere in WNC is a beautiful place to live. Commutes are easy compared to the big cities elsewhere.
Appalachian Culture Awaits
Once the furniture-making capital of the world, Western North Carolina still values handmade crafts. The Appalachian culture used to be closed to outsiders, but today it welcomes visitors with open arms. Explore the rich history, sample the Appalachian cuisine and enjoy a range of music that begins with bluegrass but encompasses rock, jazz, electronica and much more. In fact, Asheville is home to the Bob Moog Foundation and Moog Music, Inc. (Bob Moog invented the synthesizer.)
There’s no cost and no obligation, and Zachery loves meeting first time home buyers face to face.
Call 828-242-4780 to speak with the Team at of Prime Mortgage Lending, Inc. They know the area and are happy to answer your questions or direct you to the answers.
When you are ready to buy a home in WNC, Zachery and his Team are ready to get you a mortgage that fits your circumstances, whether you are buying your first home or a second home. Contact our Team and get to know a WNC local.
Get in Touch
9am – 5pm Monday – Friday
862 Haywood Road
Asheville, NC 28806
WNC holds festivals and events all year long. Here is a small sampling:
An Appalachian Summer Festival
Grandfather Mountain Highland Games
Lake Eden Arts Festival (LEAF)
Unto These Hills