What mortgage documents you need when you apply
Every application for a mortgage loan is not created equal. Your requirements will be different from your neighbors’ — it depends on your situation and the type of loan you’re applying for. So as you look over the Mortgage Document Checklist below, don’t hyperventilate. Relax. Then ask your independent mortgage lender which mortgage documents you’ll need for your specific case.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Below, you’ll find the complete Mortgage Document Checklist you may need for approval or pre-approval by category.
It is presented here to give you a general idea of what supplemental documentation you’ll need when applying for a mortgage. If you have specific questions about the Mortgage Document Checklist, send them to Zachery Adam or his Team at GoPrime Mortgage, Inc.
Complete List of Mortgage Documents
These items you absolutely will need:
- Copy of a current picture ID card, either your driver’s license or passport
- Copy of your permanent resident card or visa (If Applicable)
- Copy of your social security card
To show proof of your earned income from employment, you may need these documents:
- Copy of federal personal tax returns, with all attached schedules for the last two years
- W2 forms from the previous two years
- 1099 forms from any contract employment for the previous two years
- Paystubs from the most recent 30 days for ALL INCOME RECEIVED
- Contact person (name and phone number) for the Human Resource or other individual to verify your PAST AND PRESENT EMPLOYMENT from all employers for the past two years
If you own your own business, you may need to show how successful you’ve been:
- Copy of your business license
- Year-to-date profit and loss statement for the current year
- Copy of federal business tax returns, with all attached schedules for the last two years (for all entities/businesses)
Other Resources Information
If you are receiving income from other sources, you may need to account for it:
- Statements from any retirement and savings accounts covering the last 60 DAYS (all pages even if blank)
- Copy of your bank statements for the previous two months (all pages even if blank)
- Copy of lease agreements on any investment properties
- 1099 forms for any Social Security, disability, or pension you received for the last two years
- Copy of your current Social Security Award letters
- Copy of your Disability Award letter
If you own a house or if you’re applying for a specific kind of mortgage (such as a VA loan), you may need some of these documents:
- Copy of your canceled earnest money deposit check (front and back)
- Copies of canceled rent checks from the last 12 consecutive months (front and back), unless you’re renting from a management company.
- Your landlord’s or management company’s contact name and phone number
- Signed copy of the closing statement of your current home, when it sells (all pages)
- VA certificate of eligibility (form DD 214 from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Copy of your current mortgage statement, if applicable.
- Copy of your mortgage note, which you should have received when you closed
- Copy of your Tax and Insurance bill
- Student Loan Statements (includes payment/terms/interest rate)
- Divorce Decree /Marital Settlement Agreement
- Living Trust docs (if the property is vested in a Trust)
The best loan to fit your situation at GoPrime Mortgage
If you’re shopping for a house and mortgage today, you have more choices than ever before. Independent mortgage lenders like GoPrime Mortgage, Inc. provide a full range of loan products and competitive rates. The most effective independent mortgage lenders work with you to get the best loan to fit your situation. Learn more about your mortgage loan options; schedule a face-to-face consultation with Zachery Adam and Team with GoPrime Mortgage, Inc. today. There’s no obligation.
Getting approved for your first mortgage — or your fifth — is now more attainable than ever. That’s because you have more choices than ever before. The rise of independent mortgage lenders fills a growing need in every community in North Carolina.
Affordable Homebuyer Programs
I am a first time home buyer.
Trending Blog Topics
Buying a Home
Branch Manager, Loan Officer
"What we do is so far more important than lending and buying houses. We are in the business of facilitating dreams and honoring the start of a new home.”
"I enjoy working with clients new to the homebuying process. Remembering what it was like for my family, I will take my knowledge of the mortgage process and make it easier.”
"“I wake up every morning with incredible appreciation. I love what I do.” ”
Loan Officer Assistant
"My eventual goal is to become a loan officer. I love working within the community and being a part of the GoPrime Mortgage team.”