Mortgage Document Checklist
What mortgage documents you need when you apply
Every application for a mortgage loan is not created equal. Your requirements will be different from your neighbors’ — it depends on your situation and the type of loan you’re applying for. So as you look over the Mortgage Document Checklist below, don’t hyperventilate. Relax. Then ask your independent mortgage lender which mortgage documents you’ll need for your specific case.
For Questions: Call (828) 348-1907
It is presented here to give you a general idea what supplemental documentation you’ll need when applying for a mortgage. If you have specific questions about the Mortgage Document Checklist , send them to Zachery Adam or his Team at Prime Mortgage Lending, Inc.
Full List of Mortgage Documents
These items you absolutely will need:
- Copy of a current picture ID card, either your driver’s license or passport
- Copy of your permanent resident card or visa (If Applicable)
- Copy of your social security card
To show proof of your earned income from employment, you may need these documents:
- Copy of federal personal tax returns, with all attached schedules for the last two years
- W2 forms from the last two years
- 1099 forms from any contract employment for the last two years
- Paystubs from the most recent 30 days for ALL INCOME RECEIVED
- Contact person (name and phone number) for the Human Resource or other individual to verify your PAST AND PRESENT EMPLOYMENT from all employers for the past two years
If you own your own business, you may need to show how successful you’ve been:
- Copy of your business license
- Year-to-date profit and loss statement for the current year
- Copy of federal business tax returns, with all attached schedules for the last two years (for all entities/businesses)
Other Resources Information
If you are receiving income from other sources, you may need to account for it:
- Statements from any retirement and savings accounts covering the last 60 DAYS (all pages even if blank)
- Copy of your bank statements for the last two months (all pages even if blank)
- Copy of lease agreements on any investment properties
- 1099 forms for any Social Security, disability or pension you received for the last two years
- Copy of your Current Social Security Award letters
- Copy of your Disability Award letter
If you already own a house or if you’re applying for a specific kind of mortgage (such as a VA loan), you may need some of these documents:
- Copy of your cancelled earnest money deposit check (front and back)
- Copies of cancelled rent checks from the last 12 consecutive months (front and back), unless you’re renting from a management company
- Your landlord’s or management company’s contact name and phone number
- Signed copy of the closing statement of your current home, when it sells (all pages)
- VA certificate of eligibility (form DD 214 from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Copy of your current mortgage statement, if applicable
- Copy of your mortgage note, which you should have received when you closed
- Copy of your Tax and Insurance bill
- Student Loan Statements (includes payment/terms/interest rate)
- Divorce Decree /Marital Settlement Agreement
- Living Trust docs (if property is vested in a Trust)
Contact Zachery Adam and his Team at 828-242-4780 or use the online form to send a question about your particular situation. Zachery can answer your questions and narrow down the Mortgage Document Checklist for your situation. We love helping homebuyers!
How we can help you
Although labeled an independent mortgage lender, Prime Mortgage Lending, Inc. is not a one-man operation. Zachery Adam and his Team has the support of a streamlined operation, with professionals who assist in every phase of the loan process. His team includes an appraisal vendor, loan processors, underwriters, closers and even the CEO or president if needed. When you choose to work with Zachery, you get the support of his team as well.
It’s important to Zack that he and his team are approachable and can provide assistance to home buyers who are often inundated with misinformation about the financial picture and mortgage options. In an automated culture reliant on digital communication, it’s time to put the human element back into these conversations. He could never be behind the scenes.
Today, Dan likes working with first time home buyers to help them through the often intimidating process of buying a home. In just the time he’s been with Prime Mortgage Lending, Inc., Dan has been able to work with a number of diverse products including USDA, FHA, and VA loans. This has given him great insight very quickly about the best ways to work with homebuyers.
News & Stories
Buying Your Next HomeA Complete Guide to Buying Your Next Home in Asheville. Is this your situation? You currently own a home that’s not suitable for all your needs. Maybe your family is growing so you need more space. Or maybe you’re empty-nesters looking to...
Tax RefundsTax Refunds and Buying Your Next Home Tax Day is here. April 15th is the official day that accountants all across America can breathe easier now that tax season is over. While tax refunds were down this year on the whole, some filers still managed to escape...
Outdoor Space in AshevilleBuilding and Using Outdoor Space in Asheville While March heralds the beginning of spring in the South, winter weather can sneak in for a last hurrah any time before April. Now that we’re into the fourth month of the year, we are all itchy...