FHA Mortgage LoanIs an FHA loan right for you?
Advantages of FHA Loans:
- Required down payment is only 3.5% of the purchase price.
- Money for the down payment can be gifted.
- Bankruptcy or foreclosure does not necessarily disqualify a borrower.
If you are shopping for a home and would like to learn more about the benefits and advantages of FHA loans, contact Zachery Adam at 828-348-1907 today.
An FHA loan can be an excellent choice for a home buyer with someone a spotty credit history. With its low down payment requirements and lenient credit standards, an FHA loan may be affordable if you don’t have a lot of upfront cash to put down.
What is an FHA Loan?
An FHA Loan acts as a gateway to homeownership for lower incomes, lower credit scores, or minimal down payments. Borrowers choosing an FHA loan are eligible for a loan with only as little as 3.5% down with a mortgage insurance premium. FHA loans have been making homeownership more accessible for decades.
History of an FHA Loan
The National Housing Act of 1934 created the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). The program originated during the Great Depression of the 1930s, when the rates of foreclosures and defaults rose sharply. The FHA makes no loans or builds houses. It is the largest insurer of residential mortgages, insuring tens of millions of properties since 1934 when it was created. Now FHA primarily serves people who cannot afford a conventional down payment.
FHA Loan Requirements
To qualify for an FHA home loan, you’ll need to meet these requirements:
- MIP (Mortgage Insurance Premium ) is required.
- The home must be the borrower’s primary residence.
- The borrower must have a steady income and proof of employment.
The borrower must have a steady income and proof of employment. The following are the employment requirements for FHA loans per the FHA handbook 4000.1. L
- Must verify work history – The standard procedure for FHA-approved lenders is to verify employment with the current employer.
FHA loan can only be used for a primary residence (instead of an income property or vacation home). An FHA-approved appraiser has to appraise the property and ensure it meets FHA properties’ Housing and Urban Development guidelines.
Your DTI ratio is the percentage of your gross monthly income used to make your monthly debt payments.
Pros of an FHA Mortgage Loan
- Low down payment with low credit scores.
- Lower credit score with a higher down payment. Applicants with credit problems, including bankruptcy or foreclosure in their recent financial history, may still qualify for an FHA loan when they are likely to be turned down for a conventional loan.
- A higher debt-to-income ratio (DTI) is allowed.
- Housing options. An FHA Mortgage Loan can be applied to several housing types: a single-family home, a multifamily home with up to four units, a condominium, or a manufactured home that’s on a permanent foundation.
- No income limits. Higher-income earners with credit problems can qualify for FHA financing with a minimum down payment.
The best loan to fit your situation at GoPrime Mortgage
If you’re shopping for a house and mortgage today, you have more choices than ever before. Independent mortgage lenders like GoPrime Mortgage, Inc. provide a full range of loan products and competitive rates. The most effective independent mortgage lenders work with you to get the best loan to fit your situation. Learn more about your mortgage loan options; schedule a face-to-face consultation with Zachery Adam and Team with GoPrime Mortgage, Inc. today. There’s no obligation.
Getting approved for your first mortgage — or your fifth — is now more attainable than ever. That’s because you have more choices than ever before. The rise of independent mortgage lenders fills a growing need in every community in North Carolina.
Affordable Homebuyer Programs
I am a first time home buyer.
Recent Blogs by Zachery Adam
Are You Moving? Here’s a Change of Address Checklist for a Smooth Move Have you bought your dream home in Western North Carolina? If so, there are a few essential things you need to take care of before you get the keys. Have you considered your change of address and...
Significant Changes for Buyers with Student Loans For so long, potential first-time home buyers have had concerns about student loans debt and getting a mortgage to buy a home. But there’s good news. Changes in student loan calculations may create more opportunities...
The Meditative Benefits of Coloring (Plus, a free GoPrime Coloring Page!) Coloring isn’t just for kids. Over the last few years, there’s been a rise in the number of adult-oriented coloring books on the market. Whether you choose crayons, markers, or colored pencils,...
Branch Manager, Loan Officer
"What we do is so far more important than lending and buying houses. We are in the business of facilitating dreams and honoring the start of a new home.”
"I enjoy working with clients new to the homebuying process. Remembering what it was like for my family, I will take my knowledge of the mortgage process and make it easier.”
"“I wake up every morning with incredible appreciation. I love what I do.” ”
Loan Officer Assistant
"My eventual goal is to become a loan officer. I love working within the community and being a part of the GoPrime Mortgage team.”