FHA Mortgage LoanIs an FHA loan right for you?
Advantages of FHA Loans:
- Required down payment is only 3.5% of the purchase price.
- Money for the down payment can be gifted.
- Bankruptcy or foreclosure does not necessarily disqualify a borrower.
If you are shopping for a home and would like to learn more about the benefits and advantages of FHA loans, contact Zachery Adam at 828-348-1907 today.
An FHA loan can be an excellent choice for a home buyer with someone a spotty credit history. With its low down payment requirements and lenient credit standards, an FHA loan may be affordable if you don’t have a lot of upfront cash to put down.
What is an FHA Loan?
An FHA Loan acts as a gateway to homeownership for lower incomes, lower credit scores, or minimal down payments. Borrowers choosing an FHA loan are eligible for a loan with only as little as 3.5% down with a mortgage insurance premium. FHA loans have been making homeownership more accessible for decades.
History of an FHA Loan
The National Housing Act of 1934 created the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). The program originated during the Great Depression of the 1930s, when the rates of foreclosures and defaults rose sharply. The FHA makes no loans or builds houses. It is the largest insurer of residential mortgages, insuring tens of millions of properties since 1934 when it was created. Now FHA primarily serves people who cannot afford a conventional down payment.
FHA Loan Requirements
To qualify for an FHA home loan, you’ll need to meet these requirements:
- MIP (Mortgage Insurance Premium ) is required.
- The home must be the borrower’s primary residence.
- The borrower must have a steady income and proof of employment.
The borrower must have a steady income and proof of employment. The following are the employment requirements for FHA loans per the FHA handbook 4000.1. L
- Must verify work history – The standard procedure for FHA-approved lenders is to verify employment with the current employer.
FHA loan can only be used for a primary residence (instead of an income property or vacation home). An FHA-approved appraiser has to appraise the property and ensure it meets FHA properties’ Housing and Urban Development guidelines.
Your DTI ratio is the percentage of your gross monthly income used to make your monthly debt payments.
Pros of an FHA Mortgage Loan
- Low down payment with low credit scores.
- Lower credit score with a higher down payment. Applicants with credit problems, including bankruptcy or foreclosure in their recent financial history, may still qualify for an FHA loan when they are likely to be turned down for a conventional loan.
- A higher debt-to-income ratio (DTI) is allowed.
- Housing options. An FHA Mortgage Loan can be applied to several housing types: a single-family home, a multifamily home with up to four units, a condominium, or a manufactured home that’s on a permanent foundation.
- No income limits. Higher-income earners with credit problems can qualify for FHA financing with a minimum down payment.
The best loan to fit your situation at GoPrime Mortgage
If you’re shopping for a house and mortgage today, you have more choices than ever before. Independent mortgage lenders like GoPrime Mortgage, Inc. provide a full range of loan products and competitive rates. The most effective independent mortgage lenders work with you to get the best loan to fit your situation. Learn more about your mortgage loan options; schedule a face-to-face consultation with Zachery Adam and Team with GoPrime Mortgage, Inc. today. There’s no obligation.
Getting approved for your first mortgage — or your fifth — is now more attainable than ever. That’s because you have more choices than ever before. The rise of independent mortgage lenders fills a growing need in every community in North Carolina.
Affordable Homebuyer Programs
I am a first time home buyer.
Recent Blogs by Zachery Adam
Everything You Need to Know About USDA Loans There are many paths to homeownership in the US. One is the Section 502 Guaranteed Loan Program, also referred to as a USDA loan. In short, it assists approved lenders to provide low- and moderate-income individuals a...
Sell, Rent, Buy: Should You Sell While the Market is Hot? The market in Asheville has been on fire this year. Some homes are selling for well over their asking price, and many are sight-unseen. Does that mean you need to strike while the iron is hot? Should you sell...
Halloween 2021: The Teal Pumpkin Project Are you aware of the Teal Pumpkin Project? It’s a movement to make Halloween more inclusive for children with food allergies or other conditions that make candy not an optimal choice. The idea started in 2012 when a food...
Branch Manager, Loan Officer
"What we do is so far more important than lending and buying houses. We are in the business of facilitating dreams and honoring the start of a new home.”
"“I wake up every morning with incredible appreciation. I love what I do.” ”
Loan Officer Assistant
"My eventual goal is to become a loan officer. I love working within the community and being a part of the GoPrime Mortgage team.”