Thanksgiving means more than just saying “Thanks.”
This month, people all across the country take some time — in between their usual obligations and the seasonal football mania at Thanksgiving — to give thanks to those who have supported them, fortified them or somehow impacted their lives over the past year. The people behind GoPrime Mortgage, Inc. . (dba PrimeRate Mortgage Lending) are no different, but they may express it in a slightly different way. For example, instead of sending gratitude, they embody it.
That’s what the “Zen of Gratitude” means. This particular article focuses on gratitude in this special month that honors Thanksgiving — even though gratitude is a daily attitude expressed year-round at Prime Mortgage Lending. In fact, giving and giving back are woven into the fabric of the company.
A Mission of Gratitude
It’s true that Prime Mortgage Lending of West Asheville is a for-profit business, but how a company generates business and interacts with the community that surrounds it tells a larger story of values, commitment and purpose beyond making a buck. Branch Manager Zachery “Zack” Adam understands how vital it is to connect with people — because it’s the community, not himself, whom he ultimately serves. It’s written into Prime’s mission statement:
- Provide holistic mortgage planning for every customer
- Offer simple, strategic solutions for all homebuyers
- Supply reliable services for real estate investors
- Educate the public on the mortgage process
- Keep the mortgage process simple for all customers
- Inform real estate agents of the latest mortgage news
The community that Zack supports — the homebuyers, real estate investors, real estate agents… even the public at large — benefit from his efforts. For example, the Prime Mortgage Lending website, including this blog, has become a resource for the home-buying community. That doesn’t happen by accident; it takes commitment and dedication, as well as a desire to share information with both customers and the general public.
Expressing Thanks at Thanksgiving
Zack feels particularly blessed this year, a phenomenal year of growth and connection. There are so many people to thank, in fact, that it’s simply impossible to list them all here. All the customers, colleagues and connections have helped make that growth possible, and Zack can’t forget that. It takes a village, after all, to build anything of value.
So instead of simply saying, “Thank you” during this Thanksgiving season, Zack offers some Zen-like tips for everyone to be able to continue to show gratitude throughout the year:
- No matter how busy you are, it takes hardly any time at all to write a Thank You email. Send one a day to your contacts, customers, friends and family. If you’re rich in relationships, it may take you a full year! If you’re not, you will be by the end of the year. Everyone loves to be thanked.
- Maintain a mentality of abundance. You have fewer competitors than you realize because there’s simply more than enough of everything to go around. Share instead of hoarding. Cooperate instead of competing. It will come back to you tenfold.
- Remember the law of attraction. Don’t focus on negative thoughts and emotions. Sure, everyone has them, but by focusing on them, you’ll see the world in those hues and attract those things into your life. Be positive every day, and you’ll attract more of it.
This Thanksgiving, instead of sending gratitude, give it. Literally. Give help to those who need it. Help make the world a better place, one day at a time, all year long. One smile can lift up those around you. It costs you nothing, and yet it can mean everything.